Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chalk Artist Crop

“Vitality shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

 

Chalk Artist Crop
4″ x 6″ Watercolor Postcard

This is a little closeup of the artist I posted on Monday.  It’s a 30 minute quickie, playing with watercolor and that great hat!  I am trying to see things more in the form of shapes,  when I look at darks and lights.

I may want to change the way I describe myself  from self-taught to blog-taught.  I am learning so much from watching all the wonderful artists that so generously share their work.  I am happy that people like Leslie White not only post their work, but explain how or why they did what they did.

I have also learned a lot from the gang over at WetCanvas, where I have been painting since I picked up that first brush, in 2007, after a 30 year haitus.    The environment is so amazing for beginners, as the artists there are very supportive and generous with their time and their vast knowledge.

Today’s quote is so fitting, as I start over.

About F. Scott Fitzgerald

Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, who wrote as F. Scott Fitzgerald, is best known for his novel The Great Gatsby. He was born in St. Paul in 1896. Fear of mortality spurred him to write the novel This Side of Paradise while in the Army. It was rejected twice by Scribner’s before they finally published it. His wife Zelda’s schizophrenia was the basis for his novel Tender Is the Night. After they separated, he moved to Los Angeles and wrote screenplays for studio films. He died in 1940.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment