Friday, June 18, 2010

Head in the Leaves

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear.”
– Mark Twain

 

Head in the Leaves
7.5″ x 11″ Watercolor on Hot Press Paper

I didn’t paint enough new paintings this week, to post a fresh one each day, so I looked through my stash to find one I may not have shared with you.  That is such a fun experience, because there are so many experiments in that pile.  I picked this one, because I painted all the way to the edges.  It wouldn’t be suitable for framing, unless I did something else with it.

I can glue it to a large canvas and then come in with some mixed media to bring it to life, such as some acrylic leaves, that meander off of the painting, onto the canvas.  I can use it as the beginning to a collage, or possibly cut it up and do a weave with another painting, being careful to preserve that eye.  Hmmm….. what would you do?  ;)


I have to tell you about an  exciting little project I’m working on.  I am taking Laura Bray’s Easy Ezine class.    We are learning all the nuts and bolts of doing a first class newsletter or ezine.  I am loving it so far!  I even increased my website’s subscriber list from 1 to 48.  Wee!   You can sign up here, if you want to receive the very first issue.  :)


I am planning to do a monthly newsletter that has some art, some how-to’s or something fun that I have learned, and of course, something positively “wiggle your butt” fun!    :D   As a student pilot, I am anxious to share some of the new experiences I’m having in the wild blue yonder, too.

I am going to give away an original painting to one of my subscribers in the first newsletter and will continue to have some kind of monthly freebies.   This is key… you can un-subscribe at any time (if I put you to sleep), but I’m hoping that you’ll send the link to your friends, in stead.  Oh, and I will not share my list with anyone… period!

I am feeling like a little girl with a new party to go to.  If you have any suggestions on things you’d like to see in the newsletter, please leave a comment.  I value all I can learn from you, just as I do with my art.

Okay, just for fun…. let me pop that Sign-Up link in there one more time.  :)

About Mark Twain

Samuel Clemens, the iconic American humorist and writer, is better known by his pen name Mark Twain. He was born in 1835 in Missouri. He worked at several jobs, including steamboat pilot and miner. He wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Prince and the Pauper, and other successful novels. His writing captured a very American vernacular and flavor, and helped create a distinctive American literature. He died in 1910.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment