Monday, June 14, 2010

Goose

“I have accepted fear as a part of life, specifically the fear of change, the fear of the unknown. I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: Turn back, turn back; you’ll die if you venture too far.”
– Erica Jong

 

Goose
4″ x 6″ Watercolor on Indian Village handmade paper

This is a bit more realistic than I normally paint, but I enjoyed it a lot.  I left the white alone, without the aid of that icky masking fluid.  I like this way much better.  :)

About Erica Jong

Erica Jong, the American author who made a splash with the sexual frankness of her first novel, Fear of Flying, has written several works of fiction as well as nonfiction books, including the autobiographical Fear of Fifty. She was born in New York in 1942 and now splits her time between New York City and Weston, Connecticut. She has been married four times and has one daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment