Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Who Scared the Cat? & Monday's Chalk Artist

Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being.  Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.
–Albert Schweitzer


 

Who Scared the Cat?
6″ x 9″ Watercolor


I don’t know how I do this sometimes.  It was an ordinary little kitten.  I turned it into a freaked out kitten.  he he  It’s a good thing people don’t try to analyze me, based on the stuff I paint.  Hmmmm….. maybe they do?  :D


Albert Schweitzer


“Reverence for Life” says that the only thing we are really sure of is that we live and want to go on living. This is something that we share with everything else that lives, from elephants to blades of grass – and, of course, every human being. So we are brothers and sisters to all living things, and owe to all of them the same care and respect, that we wish for ourselves.

Schweitzer himself said that his hospital was “an improvisation”, and that the most important part of his legacy was his philosophy. Much of his thought has already spread throughout the world, in the form of ecological movements and the ethical considerations arising out of economic activity and scientific discovery. But the tough and realistic way in which he thought about life, and also lived his thought, is something that the world still sorely needs.

I was unable to post on Monday, due to the problems at blogger, so here is yesterday's post.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
– T.S. Eliot

 

Chalk Artist
6″ x 9″ Watercolor

I have to say, that I am not a fan of masking fluid.  I had a plan, here, but some 2 year old masking fluid caused me a little grief.  When I tried to remove it, it turned to slime.  By the time I got it off, I had some soiling of the areas that I wanted to be white, so needless to say, there is no white.  I managed to add a little light blue and at least hide where it had some imperfections.

Here, it shows that I was trying to leave a white line, as  Leslie White demonstrated on her blog.  She has achieved such incredible results, leaving a white line meandering through her painting.  I am definitely going to try this again, but without the masking fluid.  :)



About T.S. Eliot

T.S. Eliot, the Nobel Prize–winning poet, is perhaps best known today for a light book of rhymes that became the Broadway hit Cats. He penned such weightier poems as “The Waste Land,” “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” and “Four Quartets.” His work is rich with deeply felt religious meditations, but he never wanted to be perceived as a religious poet. He was born in 1888 in St. Louis and made his adult home in England, where he worked as an editor at the publisher Faber & Faber. He died in 1965.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment