Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Football With A Face

“Rate the task above the prize; will not the mind be raised? Fight thine own faults, not the faults of others; will not evil be mended?”
Confucius

 

Football With A Face
Baby Crowned Lemur
5″ x 7″  Watercolor on Strathmore cold press

Sorry, but after I painted this critter, all I could see is a football with a face.  :)    Ryan (asmalltowndad) will be suggesting the straight-jacket again when he sees this baby.  he he

It is so hot in Oklahoma right now that perhaps my brain cells are getting a little toasty around the edges.  We’ve had a long streak of heat indexes around 108F.   I have a flying lesson tonight and when it’s this hot, there are thermals coming up from the ground that bounce the plane all over the place.  When I’m coming in for a landing and all of the sudden the plane pops 100 ft in to the air, it’s a little startling!  (sometimes a woohoo escapes my lips)  Oh, and I might mention that there is no air conditioning in my little trainer either.   The fun just never ends!  :)

I’m gonna close my eyes for a moment and pretend I’m in Idaho.

About Confucius

The ancient Chinese social philosopher Confucius founded the ethically based philosophical system which became known as Confucianism. Legend says that he was born in 551 B.C. to a 70-year-old father and a 15-year-old mother. At age 50, frustrated with politics, he left his job as Justice Minister and began a 12-year journey around China. Returning home, he taught a growing number of disciples “The Way” and wrote a set of books called the Five Classics. He died in 479 B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment