Friday, June 1, 2012

Am I a Llama or an Alpaca?

“Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever.”
– Isak Dinesen

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Am I a Llama or an Alpaca?  – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor

I can’t tell the difference between Llamas and Alpacas.  I’m guessing alpaca, but I really don’t know.

Our Favorite Place is having their Grand Opening tomorrow (Saturday, June 2).  I’m so excited!  They have only been open a few weeks and they have already sold one of my paintings!  Yay!  Here’s a link to what’s happening at the Grand Opening.  I’ll be there from the ribbon cutting (at 9:55 am) until around noon.  Many of the artists and Made in Oklahoma product people will be there.   If you’re within driving distance of Eufaula, OK, it’ll be worth a visit.  Hope to see you there!

About Isak Dinesen

Isak Dinesen was the pen name of Karen Blixen, the Danish author famously portrayed by Meryl Streep in the film of her best-selling memoir, Out of Africa. She was born near Copenhagen in 1885. In 1914, she and her new husband moved to Kenya to run a coffee plantation. She stayed on after divorcing her husband ten years later, living an unusually independent life. Her book of stories, Seven Gothic Tales, sold well, but Out of Africa made her a worldwide success. She died in 1962.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment