Friday, June 15, 2012

Another Carlton Landing Painting

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear.”
– Mark Twain

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

Another Carlton Landing Painting – The Winner’s House – 5.5″ x 8.5″ Watercolor

I have painted this house before.  It’s right across the street from The Meeting House at Carlton Landing.  I tried to find this when Steve and Joann were here, so that I could give it to them, but I couldn’t find it.  I found it this morning.  Now I can give it to them.  Yay!   This is their house, but not their paint choices… of course!  :)

About Mark Twain

Samuel Clemens, the iconic American humorist and writer, is better known by his pen name Mark Twain. He was born in 1835 in Missouri. He worked at several jobs, including steamboat pilot and miner. He wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Prince and the Pauper, and other successful novels. His writing captured a very American vernacular and flavor, and helped create a distinctive American literature. He died in 1910.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment