Monday, June 4, 2012

Hurry Home – 6″ x 6″ Watercolor and a wee bit of Sharpie

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
– T.S. Eliot


Hurry Home – 6″ x 6″ Watercolor and a wee bit of Sharpie

This is my contribution to Illustration Friday, where the word is Hurry.  If you have pets, you know this could be:

Hurry home, Mom. I miss you when you’re gone!”
Hurry!  I gotta peeeeeeee!”
Hurry with that food, please.  I’m hungry!”
Hurry!  Throw the ball!  Throw the ball!”
Hurry and get situated.  I neeeeed to sit on your lap.”
Hurry!  Get the leash already!  I wanna go for a walk!”
Hurry!  I need a doggie biscuit…  right now!”
Hurry, would you?  You walk too slow!”

I could go on.  Everything seems to have a sense of urgency when they have to communicate with their expressions.  :)   I painted it from a photo by Valri Ary at WetCanvas.

About T.S. Eliot

T.S. Eliot, the Nobel Prize–winning poet, is perhaps best known today for a light book of rhymes that became the Broadway hit Cats. He penned such weightier poems as “The Waste Land,” “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” and “Four Quartets.” His work is rich with deeply felt religious meditations, but he never wanted to be perceived as a religious poet. He was born in 1888 in St. Louis and made his adult home in England, where he worked as an editor at the publisher Faber & Faber. He died in 1965.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment