Wednesday, June 27, 2012

An Old Rock Home in Canada

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.”
– Amelia Earhart

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2012

An Old Rock Home in Canada – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Sharpie

I painted this one from a photo by Bonnie (Artastic) on WetCanvas.  It’s really fun to do houses this way.  I use no rulers or any method of scaling.  I just wing it and start drawing.  I’m really enjoying anything architectural these days.  The rocks are dabbed on randomly with an itty bitty flat brush.  Fun!

About Amelia Earhart

Amelia Earhart, who was born in 1897 in Kansas, became the first person to fly solo across the Pacific Ocean and gained renown as a woman in a field dominated by men. Earhart worked as a nurse’s aide during World War I and learned to fly after moving to Los Angeles in 1919. She first became famous as one of a crew of three to fly across the Atlantic in 1928, but her best-known flight was her last. As she was attempting to fly around the world in 1937, her plane disappeared over the Pacific Ocean and was never found.

I’m tickled that I flew solo across three counties last year.  he he

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment