Monday, August 9, 2010

Aquarium View

“When you encounter difficulties and contradictions, do not try to break them, but bend them with gentleness and time.”
– St. Francis De Sales

 

Aquarium View
7.5″ x 11″ Acrylic & Watercolor on Watercolor Paper

I started this painting with acrylic, as I intended to do a watercolor wash to finish it.  I could have used masking fluid, except I don’t get along very well with masking fluid.



So here it is after I completed the acrylic.



And after I added the watercolor.

I had a lot of fun painting this, except when I got a little dizzy from painting all those leaves.  It was almost like doing pointilism.  It makes my eyes go cross-eyed!

The reference photo is by Crystalline174 at WetCanvas.  The funny thing about this painting is that my husband actually likes it.  That’s weird.  he he  :)


About St. Francis De Sales

St. Francis de Sales (1567–1622), known as the Gentle Saint, was bishop of Geneva. His motto was, “He who preaches with love preaches effectively,” and his religious texts, including Introduction to the Devout Life, have resonated with many non-Catholics. Pope Pius IX proclaimed him a patron saint of writers. Some consider him a patron saint of the deaf; he invented a form of sign language to teach a young deaf man how to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment