Friday, August 27, 2010

Candy Cane Shoes

“No great deed, private or public, has ever been undertaken in a bliss of certainty.”
– Leon Wieseltier



Candy Cane Shoes
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

I can no longer wear high heels.  I just simply forgot how to walk in them.  But…. If I could, I would so wear these!  Aren’t they fun?  I painted them so long ago that I can’t remember where I got the photo, but I like these shoes.  :)


For  many years, I lived in high heels and business suits.  When I moved to Oklahoma in 1988, I didn’t even own a pair of jeans.  Now I live in jeans, shorts, flip flops and tennies.    I still don’t wear sweats unless I’m really sick or we have an ice storm and the power goes off.  Sometimes you just have to have comfort clothes.  he he

About Leon Wieseltier

Leon Wieseltier, the sharp-tongued literary editor of The New Republic, has used his role to deliver brilliant, scathing put-downs of intellectual fads and pretense. He was born in Brooklyn in 1952. He studied Jewish history and philosophy at Columbia, Oxford, and Harvard’s Society of Fellows. He won the National Jewish Book Award for the memoir Kaddish, about his year of mourning after his father’s death.

2 comments:

Vickie/www.vickieleastudios.com said...

Love the shoe! I don't have and have never worn a heel that high; probably would kill myself. As for the blue jeans, shorts and for me sandals that is my daily attire and has been for several years. I don't know how to wear a dress or business suit anymore...ha ha Comfort is important and it sure costs less!

Have a great day!

Beth Parker said...

Thanks, Vickie! Yeah, I'm sure I'd break my neck if I tried to walk in them now. You're right about comfort costing less, too. he he

Post a Comment

Post a Comment