Friday, August 6, 2010

Whimsical Self Portrait

“Do your work; not just your work and no more, but a little more for the lavishing’s sake – that little more which is worth all the rest.”
Dean Briggs

 

Whimsical Self Portrait
9″ x 12″ Linocut Block Print

I was in a printmaking exchange back in March of 2009.  We all did a whimsical self portrait and traded them with each other.  I can’t say this looks like me, but it was fun to do since I had never done a self portrait.  Linda,  over at Linda Halcomb’s  Blog has presented us with our fall project.  We are all going to do a self portrait and post it to our blogs on September 21st, linking back to Linda’s blog.   I have been wanting to do a self portrait again…. that may even look kinda like me,  so I’m in.  Are you?



Part of the linocut process.  :)

About Dean Briggs

I enjoy craisins on my salad. I feed on thunderstorms. I see the world in watercolor. I write like a I paint. I compose on a Mac. I delight in my family. I have eight children and every one of them is special. I have a beautiful wife, a widow like myself, and I’m lucky to have her. I have simple tastes. Coffee is a gift. Laughter is even better. Once upon a time, I played basketball. As a wild act of faith, I installed a basketball goal at my new house, in hopes that I might again. A good late night snack is Raisin Bran. Loyalty and patience are admirable qualities in anyone. The Book of Names, and the additional titles to come in The Legends of Karac Tor series, are my gifts to my four boys after the death of their mother, as we have sought to live well in this strange, new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment