Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yupo Pasture

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”
– Anatole France



Yupo Pasture
10″ x 8″ Watercolor on Yupo

Those two acrylic paintings took so long to do that I am going to post an old painting today.  I usually manage 5 paintings a week, but not this week.  :)


I like the peacefulness of this scene.  In total contrast, I am literally ga ga!! I have been commissioned to do a 2′ x 4′ version of my Little Pink House painting!  I am so thrilled!  It’s going to Florida and I am “butt wiggling” happy!  (I finally shot a price to her and she was very happy with it, so now it is real.)

About Anatole France

Anatole France was the pen name of Nobel Prize–winning French author Jacques Anatole François Thibault. He was born in 1844 in Paris. His father was a book dealer, and France spent his life among books, including 14 years as assistant librarian to the French Senate. His novels, including the Contemporary History series and The Gods Are Athirst, often use allegory and religious symbolism as vehicles for moral questions. He died in 1924.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment