Monday, August 30, 2010

Scottish Castle

“I can’t give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: Try to please everybody all the time.”
– Herbert Bayard Swope



Scottish Castle
4″ x 6″ Watercolor

The image for this painting came from agnesdale at WetCanvas.  She is currently living in Scotland.  I had fun with this painting.  I may not have gotten very close to the reference castle, but I had a great time!  :)

About Herbert Bayard Swope

Herbert Bayard Swope, the colorful, hard-driving American journalist who became famous as a war correspondent and editor of The New York World, was the first writer to win a Pulitzer Prize for reporting. He was born in St. Louis in 1882. He coined the phrase “cold war” as a speechwriter for statesman Bernard Baruch. In his leisure time, he was a brilliant gambler at the track, at cards, and at stocks, and threw lavish parties. He died in 1958.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment