Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hip Cat

“Many things which cannot be overcome when they are together yield themselves up when taken little by little.”


– Plutarch





Hip Cat
4″ x 6″ Watercolor attached to a black canvas



Just look at that face. Awwwww. Well, he has been given the wonderful honor of being my very first sale on Etsy! YAY!!! He is going off to live in New York. It just goes to prove that people really do have room in their hearts for a purple cat on psychadelics. **big grin**



I have had a few paintings on Etsy & Artfire for quite a while. It’s time consuming to add them, so I never really got serious about it. Maybe now, I have a reason to maybe add a few more. I have monetized my website, but have not really been selling much of anything there. I have never tried Ebay. Some friends of mine do really well there.



I just love to paint! This whole business of selling my artwork is a little awkward. But, I would like to be able to justify all the money I have spent on art supplies over the last three years. My husband worries about my feelings. Since he doesn’t “get” my art most of the time, he worries about the rejection. I just put it out there, with my sense of humor fully in tact. If it sells, great. If it doesn’t, then it’s not for lack of effort on my part. Sometimes I get a wonderful surprise like I got yesterday… an email that tells me someone named Susan loves my Hip Cat.



And that is awesome! Thanks, Susan!



About Plutarch

Plutarch, the Greek historian who penned more than 46 anecdote-laced biographies of famous Greek and Roman figures in his Parallel Lives series of books, was more interested in exploring the influence of character on a man’s personal destiny than in writing dry histories. He was born in Greece during Roman rule, most likely in the year 46. He traveled extensively through the Roman Empire, finally returning home to become a priest of Apollo at the Oracle of Delphi. He died in the year 120.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment