Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Manikin Trick or Treat

“Calm self-confidence is as far from conceit as the desire to earn a decent living is remote from greed.”
– Channing Pollack



Manikin Trick or Treat
5″ x 9″ Watercolor and Sharpie

Even a studio manikin wants in on the fun of Halloween.  I did this on some cheap paper I had here at the sign shop.  I’m having way too much fun this week.  :)

My very worst Halloween was when I lived in Huntington Beach, CA and my sister lived in San Diego.  They were having a Halloween party and I didn’t think I was going to be able to make it, since it was on a Friday night and I had to work that day.  At the last minute, I decided to go and I quickly came up with a pink playboy bunny costume.   (Okay… I was 27 and slender)  I got to the party a little late and when I walked in the door…… I discovered….. much to my dismay…. that the theme for the party was dungeons and dragons.  (gasp)   Everyone was in dark robes and I stood out, big time.     Can you say “Awkward”?  ;)

About Channing Pollack

American playwright Channing Pollack is best remembered for his work massively redesigning the plot of the film Metropolis after it was shot. He was born in 1880. He worked in every aspect of New York theater, first as publicist for the Shubert family of theater owners, then as a drama critic who was banned from every Shubert theater, and finally as a playwright whose work included the morality play, The Enemy, as well as Clothes and The Fool. He died in 1946.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment