Monday, October 18, 2010

Raccoon Tour Guide

“We are made to persist. That’s how we find out who we are.”
– Tobias Wolff

This is my 500th blog post!  Where did all the time go?  :D 




Raccoon Tour Guide
4″ x 6″ Inktense Pencils on Watercolor Postcard

I know.  A raccoon is likely to steal a flowerdy hat, but he might not wear it.  Yeah, he’d never poke those holes in it for his ears first, either.  Unless….. he lived in Bethville, where anything is possible!  :D

Jakesgram from WetCanvas had the most adorable tour guide in a flowerdy hat and a cutie patootie raccoon in her references this weekend.  Her challenge was to see if we could paint in a way that was not realistic.  **grin**

Oh, a friend stopped by my shop on Friday to tell me that he likes my art.  He saw it on Facebook and he called me “Grandma Moses on speed”.   (Personally, I don’t see it, although I admire the artist and her tenacity.)

About Tobias Wolff

American author Tobias Wolff is best known for the memoir A Boy’s Life, about Wolff’s childhood with an itinerant mother and abusive stepfather. He was born in 1945 in Alabama and spent most of his childhood in the Pacific Northwest. His book In Pharaoh’s Army: Memories of the Lost War recounts his experiences as a young soldier in Vietnam. He is an acclaimed writing professor at Stanford University. He has three children.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment