Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sweet Faced Cat

“It is necessary to try to surpass oneself always; this occupation ought to last as long as life.”
– Queen Christina



Sweet Faced Cat
4″ x 4″ Watercolor Pencil on Art Spectrum Colourfix Paper

YAY!  Finally, after much trial and error, I am able to post my blog, using my regular Firefox browser.  I must have installed and uninstalled and fooled around with every flash player and Java app known to man.  Something finally worked!  Whoooo Hooooo!!  :D
Computers can be the worst time eaters, especially when they are malfunctioning!   I am going to take another day off from mine, if I can resist that huge magnetic pull it has to my curious mind.  ;)

This little cat is an older painting, but I thought I’d hang with the cat theme, since I didn’t paint many things over the weekend.  Oh, I take that back.  I painted all four of the outside doors of our house and the trim around them.  I painted the bases of 8 columns on the front porch, too.    It was a honey do weekend.  “Honey, do you know how to use a bigger paint brush?”

About Queen Christina

Queen Christina of Sweden was the most famous woman of her time, outshining Queen Elizabeth of England. She was born in Stockholm in 1626 during a rare astrological conjunction. Her father insisted that she be raised as a boy and changed the law so she could become his heir. She became the reigning queen at age five. She helped end the Thirty Years War but abdicated her throne in 1654, converting to Catholicism and moving to Rome, where she became a patron of the arts. She died in 1689.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment