Monday, October 11, 2010

Santa's Errands

“To play it safe is not to play.”


– Robert Altman



Santa’s Errands
7.5″ x 10.5″ Watercolor



This painting was done from a photo of a statue in the London Bus Depot by Artastic at WDE. Of course, I had my way with him and he became Santa, running his pre-holiday errands. It was fun to do. I have been playing with Santa stuff, trying to come up with this year’s Christmas cards.

I am still having problems with WordPress, Blogger and Firefox. I am unable to use the uploader or the tags. I’m over in Internet Explorer, trying to get a blog post done. I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll work.



About Robert Altman

Robert Altman, the iconoclastic American filmmaker known for his naturalistic, multi-character dramas, has directed many acclaimed feature films, including M*A*S*H, Nashville, and The Player. He was born in 1925 in Kansas City, Missouri, to a socially prominent family. Alfred Hitchcock gave Altman his big break when he hired him to direct on the TV series Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Actors say they love to work with Altman because he gives them freedom to improvise. He died in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment