Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Blog Challenge

“I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.”
Anna Freud



Halloween Party
5″ x 6″ Watercolor and Sharpie


Today is the day of the Halloween Blog Challenge.  An invitation went out within our blogger group (that means you!) to paint or create something Halloweeny.  Post it on your blog and comment here, with a link to your blog, so we’ll know where to go look at everyon’s art.

Ryan, from asmalltowndad blog, is away on his annual Halloween camp-out.   He did an amazing painting and you can go see it here.  You’ll LOVE it!!  I did, and I have flies buzzing around my head in it.  :D

I have had a lot of fun this week, doing all these little paintings.  I like the fun and playful side of Halloween.  When I lived in Huntington Beach, CA, there was always a party.  I have great memories of those parties.  I lived in a neighborhood close to the beach, where most of my neighbors were in their 20′s.  We made Halloween a fun holiday.

Now, I understand that the same (average income) young couples could probably not afford to live where we lived and the houses we lived in have probably been replaced by taller, fancier homes.  I was lucky to have that time in my life.  It was a terrific place to spend my 20′s.  We also had St. Patrick’s day parties, Cinco De Mayo, 4th of July….. you get the idea.  Yeah, we had fun! :)

About Anna Freud

Austrian psychoanalyst Anna Freud was a pioneer in the field of child psychiatry; she also worked closely with her father, Sigmund Freud, in developing his theories. She was born in Vienna in 1895 and fled to London with her parents in 1938, escaping the Nazi regime. When her father became sick with cancer, she took over his studies, becoming his intellectual heir. She founded the Hampstead Clinic to work with children. She died in 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment