Monday, November 1, 2010

Old House in Bethville

“Were the diver to think on the jaws of the shark, he would never lay hands on the precious pearl.”
– Saadi



Old House in Bethville

7″ x 10″ Watercolor

The reference (by ddpatterson at WetCanvas) for this painting was an old, crumbling house.  I had a great time rehabbing it!  There were no pens used for the outlines, just a wee little brush.

I am late getting to my blog today, because I actually got to fly this morning.  I found a new flight instructor, in Muskogee.  I haven’t flown in 2 months, so it was wonderful getting back up there.  Can you hear me “whoo-hoo-ing” from there?  :D

About Saadi

Saadi was a Persian moralist poet best known for Gulistan (The Rose Garden), which combines prose and verse, and Bustan (The Fruit Garden), which includes histories, anecdotes, and fables. He was born in 1291 and lived in Shiraz in what is now Iran. For 30 years, he traveled throughout the Middle East, including Turkey, Egypt, and Arabia. One of his most famous poems adorns the entrance to the Hall of Nations at the UN building in New York. He died when he was 107 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment