Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Aww, Shucks! – Frog Painting

“Twenty years from now you will be
more disappointed by the things
that you didn’t do.  So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.”
–Mark Twain

Yeah!!!
 



Aww, Shucks! – Frog Painting

2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor from Anything Goes Exchange

I painted 24 frogs for this exchange in 2008.  Since I am busy working on my art licensing collections, I’ll share these frogs with you, in stead of posting new work.  I’m a little hesitant to reveal too much of my new stuff, before I go to the show.    :D

Mark Twain [pseudonym of Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (1835-1910), quintessential American humorist, lecturer, essayist, and author wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876);
“Tom did play hookey, and he had a very good time. He got back home barely in season to help Jim, the small colored boy, saw next-day’s wood and split the kindlings before supper–at least he was there in time to tell his adventures to Jim while Jim did three-fourths of the work. Tom’s younger brother (or rather half-brother) Sid was already through with his part of the work (picking up chips), for he was a quiet boy, and had no adventurous, trouble-some ways.” Ch. 1
More…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment