Monday, November 29, 2010

Best Friends

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”
– Vincent van Gogh



Best Friends
6″ x 9″ Watercolor

This is done from a photo by Catherine at WetCanvas.  It’s the first time I have been able to participate over there in a long time.  This painting will be part of my art licensing collection called “Patchwork Puppies”.  I only have 6 weeks before I go to the Atlanta show, so I am working like crazy on my mockups.  Fun!  :)

About Vincent van Gogh

The Dutch post-Impressionist painter Vincent van Gogh worked as an artist for only ten years, but he had a profound and lasting effect on the art world. He was born in 1853 in Zundert. He briefly became a minister but was dismissed for caring too much about his impoverished parishioners. His brother, Theo, was a close friend and supporter. He only sold one painting during his lifetime. He is known for his heavy brushstrokes and strong colors. He died in 1890 of suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment