Monday, November 15, 2010

Masters Study – George Seurat Crop

“The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labour is immense.”
Arnold Bennett

Brian Tracy (author of Eat That Frog) calls that “Eating the Biggest, Ugliest frog first”.  I’m learning that he’s right.  It’s hard to put in to practice, but I’m trying to get better at it.
.
 
Masters Study – George Seurat Crop
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC
.
A link to the George Seurat original is here.  Another one that is much harder than it looks.  Being so new to painting, after a thirty year break, I tried to pick images that would be easier to copy.  HA!  Boy did I learn a lot!  :D
.
Well, I bit the bullet last week and decided to go to the Altlanta Americasmart License & Design show.  I am sure Art Licensing is the direction I want to go with my art, so I made a commitment to get my feet wet.  I am not exhibiting, just observing and networking.  I spent all day Sunday, working on additional collections of art.  It’s going to be very exciting!  :)
.
Imagine me “wiggling my butt” if you dare!  he he

.

About Arnold Bennett

Popular British novelist Arnold Bennett wrote more than 30 well-received novels, including The Old Wives Tale, the fictional life story of two sisters. He was born in 1867 in Hanley, in the heart of the six Staffordshire towns known as the Potteries. Although he left as an adult, settling in London and then Paris, he set much of his fiction in his birthplace, giving the novels a gritty realist texture. He died in 1931.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment