Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Does My Butt Look Fat in These Feathers?

“Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.”
– Madeleine L’Engle



Does My Butt Look Fat in These Feathers?
Watercolor & Sharpie

My husband named this painting.  Isn’t he witty?  I painted some simple little birds a couple weeks ago, just to have fun and practice birds.  I really enjoyed it.  As you may have noticed,  if you were reading this blog a couple years ago, I did a series of 24 birds for an exchange once.  I’m guessing you may not be ready to see another 24 of anything from me, after just getting through the frog series.  :)

As soon as I dig myself out of the pile of sign work I came back to, I am going to do some more original paintings.  I’ll share these little birds in the meantime.  Thanks so much for coming by and visiting my blog.  You make my day!

About Madeleine L’Engle

American author Madeleine L’Engle is best known for her young adult novels (including the Newberry Medal winner A Wrinkle in Time), which weave science and fantasy into sprightly adventure tales. She was born in New York in 1918. After her marriage to actor Hugh Franklin, they opened a general store and raised three children in a New England town. She has written more than 40 books. She spent her last years in New York as the librarian and writer-in-residence at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine. She died in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment