Thursday, January 20, 2011

Simply Green - Little Bird Painting


You’ve got to create a dream.
You’ve got to uphold the dream.
If you can’t, go back to the factory
or go back to the desk.
–Eric Burdon
Simply Green
Watercolor & Sharpie
I’m trapped at the bottom of my long driveway…. again.  It wouldn’t be bad if it was just snow, but we have an unfriendly little layer of ice underneath the snow.   Have I mentioned that I am not a big fan of winter?  I did bring work home with me, but my husband will be clawing at the walls.  He is not very good at being trapped.  :)
I hope my little green bird brings a moment of spring to your life today.
Eric Burdon, Singer, songwriter
Sometimes referred to as a “black singer trapped inside a white skin,” Eric Burdon achieved international fame by belting out bluesy rock numbers with theAnimals in the mid-1960s. His raw, hard-edged vocals were a key ingredient in a number of hits for the band in their native United Kingdom and abroad. After the original Animals disbanded, Burdon made his mark as a vocalist with the black band War.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment