Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ralphie - Frog Painting

“The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them.”
– Bernard Baruch



Ralphie
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor & Gouache ATC

He seems to be saying, “so… you look like you have  never seen a frog pee before? Would you mind?”  he he he ;)

I’m heading to Muskogee in a few minutes to fly.  I am doing the part of my training where they put special glasses on you so that you can’t see out of the plane.  You fly by the instruments only and it is really disorienting.  I still need 1.5 hours of it and they just have you do it 30 minutes at a time.  Not my favorite part of flight training.  I’ve already done 1.5 hours and it’s not getting easier.  Maybe today, it’ll click.  

See you tomorrow!  *wave*

About Bernard Baruch

The American financier and unofficial presidential adviser Bernard Baruch was known as the “Park Bench Statesman” for his penchant for taking meetings on park benches. He was born in 1870 in South Carolina. By the time he was 30, he had become a millionaire. During World War I, Woodrow Wilson asked Baruch’s advice on economic issues, which began a long-term relationship with the White House. He refused to become Treasury Secretary in FDR’s cabinet, preferring his unofficial role. He died in 1965.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment