Monday, March 11, 2013

Another KC House – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink

“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
Helen Keller

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Another KC House – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink

This is my step-sister’s house.  She lives in the Kansas City metropolitan area, as does my step-mom.    I am really looking forward to seeing Joan (step-mom) when I am in KC.  I drove up to visit her a couple years ago and we had a nice time.

I woke up this morning in a panic.  I realized I only have 2 weeks until I have to submit my inventory list for the KC show.  I am going to set a doable goal of framing 3 paintings a day, minimum, so I can take a little of the pressure off.  April may see me going back to painting Eufaula again.  I already have one painting commissioned that I really need to get to.  All of this when the sign shop is the busiest ever!  I am woman… hear me roar!

About Helen Keller

American author and activist Helen Keller was born in Alabama on June 27, 1880; she became blind and deaf after a childhood fever. When she was 7, Ann Sullivan famously coaxed her out of her sullen, angry shell and taught her to communicate. From then on, Keller took on the world. She graduated from Radcliffe, traveled the world visiting sweatshops and speaking out for the powerless, helped found the ACLU, and wrote eleven books. She died on June 1, 1968.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment