Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Small Town America – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor Portrait

“I can change only myself, but sometimes that is enough.”
Ruth Humlecker

 ”Happiness is more fleeting for some of us than for others. We may ponder this notion but fail to grasp the reason. However, careful attention to how “the happy ones” go through life will enlighten us. We will note how seldom they complain about others’ actions. We will discover their willingness to accept others as they are. We will see that their attention is generally on the positive aspects of people and circumstances rather than on the negative.

 We can join the parade of “happy ones” by letting go of our need to change people and situations that disturb us. Even when we are certain other people are wrong, we can let go of controlling them. Doing this means changing ourselves, of course. But this is the one thing in life we do have control over.

 I will change myself if I think something needs changing today!”

Karen Casey

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Small Town America – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Ink

This is actually in Wisconsin, but I loved the small town America feel to it.  The photo is courtesy of jediknl2 at WetCanvas.  They shared it in the Reference Image Library for everyone to paint from.    I love that library!

My friend and fellow blogger, Leslie White, taught me that leaving a path of white in a painting allows the eye to travel through it.  I forget that normally, but used it here.  Thanks, Leslie!

I couldn’t find any reliable biography info on today’s authors.  I sure do love the quotes, though.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment