Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lasting Love

“Laughter is the closest distance between two people.”
– Victor Borge

I LOVE that!!!




Lasting Love
4″ x 6″ Watercolor Postcard

This is the same couple that I made Mr. & Mrs. Claus from, that I posted yesterday.  The photo is from Katju at WetCanvas.    The man reminds me of my Dad a little bit, in his later years.  Everybody at WetCanvas loved this couple and a lot of people painted them.

I hope Katju does a gallery so I can see them all together.  A gallery is optional for each host and most don’t do it, because it is a lot of work.  It shows every painting done over the weekend, grouped by subject.  I always do the gallery when I host.  Here is the one I did last time.

About Victor Borge

Danish pianist Victor Borge was affectionately known as the Clown Prince of Denmark. Born as Børge Rosenbaum in 1909 to musician parents, he began playing piano at age three. After a stint as a classical pianist, he began combining music and jokes. His anti-Nazi jokes landed him on Hitler’s enemies list. In 1942, he was named Best New Radio Performer by the American press. His Comedy in Music show on Broadway was the longest running one-man show in the 1950′s. He died in 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment