Friday, September 10, 2010

Purple Shoelaces

“It’s tempting to sit and wait for life to come to you, but it can’t.  It’s too busy.  Life is out there.  You have to go for it.”
Harry Beckwith




Purple Shoe Laces
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

Another painting from the archives.  I have noticed that when I paint larger, I don’t have time to do as many.  *sigh*

I have been battling a cold since Sunday.  I even declined an opportunity to go fly last night, so I must be sick.  **gasp!**  I somehow make it through my work days, but I’m exhausted!   Anybody have any good cold remedies?  I’m scheduled to fly on Monday and Tuesday, and I’d like to be cured by then.  :D


Harry Beckwith

Harry has addressed or advised 31 Fortune 200 companies in 17 countries, including Target, Wells Fargo, and Microsoft, and over sixty startups.

His four books have earned over $21 million in sales in 24 translations. His first, Selling the Invisible, spent 36 consecutive months on the Business Week best seller list, and appears on numerous “best business books of all time” lists. He also is featured in The Ten Secrets of World’s Best Business Communicators and dozens of other business books.

Harry graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford University and from University of Oregon School of Law.  This led to a law clerkship to a federal judge , followed a brief career as a fish out of water, practicing law.

The fish then found his water in the most logical place: The land of 10,000 lakes, where he began his advertising career in 1982. Just over three years later, he was named creative supervisor of Carmichael-Lynch, four times Advertising Age’s choice as America’s most creative midsized agency.

Harry serves on the Board of Directors for the Stanford University Department of Athletics and teaches second grade part-time. He co-founded one of the world’s premier road races, the Cascade RunOff, and since 1975 has run or walked more than two-and-a-half times around the world

He is the thrilled father of four and currently lives with the world’s only flying cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment