Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Santa at Cape Cod

“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.”
– Annie Dillard

 

Santa at Cape Cod
10″ x 14″ Watercolor and Sharpie on 240# Cold Press

Did you see all the little elves?  It’s a vacation getaway for the North Pole crew.   Mr. & Mrs. Clause have lost some weight over the summer, too.  :D


This was fun.  I drew the whole thing with a Sharpie, before I painted in the watercolors.  When I did “Montreal in Color”, I painted all the lines in with black acrylic.  I got much smoother lines with the acrylic, than I did with the Sharpie.   It takes a little longer, but the quality is better.    If I wanted even better lines, I guess I’d have to change the paper to a hot press.   As much as I experiment with mediums, I really don’t play around much with different papers.   Perhaps it’s time?  :D

About Annie Dillard

American author Annie Dillard rose to fame with her first book, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, which weaves theology and meditations on nature into an account of a year spent in the country recovering from pneumonia. Writing the book so fully absorbed her that she forgot everything else; she lost 30 pounds and all her plants died. She was born in Pittsburgh in 1945. She married her college writing teacher but later divorced him. She remarried and lives in Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment