Thursday, September 9, 2010

Little Pink House II

“Just don’t give up on trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.”
– Ella Fitzgerald



Little Pink House II
24″ x 48″ Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

Well, I have started.  This is so huge for me.  I was intimidated by the large size, but once I started it, I was fine.  All I have here is the blocked-in base coat.  If you look close, you can see the original 4″ x 8″ painting at the top of the easel.  The reference photo by Valri Ary is at the bottom.



Here is how well it fits into my studio.  I think it’s going to be okay.  My studio is an odd shape and not very big, but the painting is right behind my desk, so I can use my wheely chair or stand comfortably.

Check out that jar of gray goop that the brushes are in.  That is a bar of Ivory soap and water.  I soak my brushes for a bit before I clean them at the end of a painting session, and they come out sparkly clean and baby soft.   I learned that on a blog somewhere and I wish I could remember who to thank.  *sigh*

The commission for this painting was withdrawn before I even got the deposit, due to a financial emergency in the buyer’s life.  I decided to paint it anyway and grow from the experience.  In fact, being the optimist I am, I bought a three pack of these large canvases.

**doing a happy-dance**  :)

About Ella Fitzgerald

With her three-octave range, a purity of tone, and a wonderfully expressive voice, singer Ella Fitzgerald has been called the voice of American jazz. She was born in 1917 in Virginia and began singing professionally at age 16. Her rendition of the nursery rhyme “A-Tisket, A-Tasket” launched her stardom. Her best known recordings include the Cole Porter and George Gershwin songbooks; she also toured with Duke Ellington’s band. She died in 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment