Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weird Cat

“All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is this: Act as if it were impossible to fail.”
– Dorothea Brande



Weird Cat
4″ x 6″ Watercolor

Ha ha ha  Did I scare you?  Okay, so I took a photo (by ElleZee at WetCanvas) of a yawning cat and made it look like it’s  saying “aaaaah” at the dentist.    I just can’t help myself!   Have you not already figured out that I am strange?  :D


My third newsletter went out today.  If you are a subscriber, please open it up in your email and enjoy the read.  If not, you can click here.  It’s a big endeavor for me and I am always happy when people take the time to send me a comment and let me know what they think.

About Dorothea Brande

Dorothea Brande wrote the quintessential how-to-write book, Becoming a Writer, which was among the first to address every writer’s core problem: How to sit down and let the words flow. Her book, published in 1934, remains in print today. She was born in 1893 in Chicago. She worked as an editor on the Chicago Tribune and The American Review and married the latter journal’s owner. She also wrote Wake Up and Live, which was adapted into a movie in 1937. She died in 1948.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment