Monday, September 27, 2010

Little Pink House II

“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
– Truman Capote

Yay!  It’s finished! 



Little Pink House II
24″ x 48″ Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

The painting continues around the edges of the canvas, eliminating the need for a frame.



I took this picture with my Little Pink House II painting leaning up against my real pink house.  he he   This painting has been quite an adventure!  It’s like 10 times larger than I usually paint, so every square inch was a totally new experience for me.  I’m ready to do another one.    :)

You may remember that the first Little Pink House is 4″ x 8″.  It is painted from a Barbados photo by Valri Ary.  It was Valri, who originally inspired me to go bigger with this one.  A progress shot is here.

Valri and I went to Barbados back in September of 2008.  I remember seeing a lot of these wonderful little houses.  That makes this painting even more fun.

About Truman Capote

The flamboyant American author Truman Capote is best known for his book In Cold Blood, the true story of the murder of a wealthy Kansas family. Written in a literary style, it spawned the creative nonfiction genre. Born in New Orleans in 1924 and raised by relatives in Alabama, Capote moved to New York when he was nine to live with his mother. He was a larger-than-life personality, known for his colorful attire, his lisping voice, and his outrageous statements. He died in 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment