Monday, December 5, 2011

Funky Old Truck – 4.5″ x 7.5″ Watercolor

“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.”
– e. e. cummings


Copyright Beth Parker Art 2011

Funky Old Truck – 4.5″ x 7.5″ Watercolor

I painted this little truck from a photo by Just Chaos at WetCanvas.  It was hard not to use my sharpie on it, but decided it was cute enough without it.

Last week was a tough week.  I tried to paint in the motel room, but the sadness surrounding my mother-in-law’s funeral was just too overwhelming.  When we returned home, we were exhausted.  Sunday, we decided to just rest and try to get our strength back.  Jean’s photos were the perfect diversion, so I painted 5 little paintings.   It was nice to just be quiet with my thoughts and my paints.  I am so lucky to have my art.  :)

About e. e. cummings

The writer who became known as e. e. cummings was an experimental poet whose idiosyncratic typography complements the music of his poetry; he published more than 900 poems, two novels, and four plays. He was also an accomplished painter. He was born in Massachusetts in 1894 and entered the ambulance corps in World War I but ended up in a detention camp after expressing his pacifist views. He died in 1962. “In Just-” was his most famous poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment