Thursday, December 8, 2011

Horse Quilt

“Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak… because in your life you will have been all of these.”
– Mac Anderson

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2011

Horse Quilt – 5″ x 7″ Watercolor & Sharpie

It’s been a while since  I have sewn any critters.  I enjoyed doing this horse, who’s photo was  provided by Lisilk at WetCanvas.

The tree is up in the sign shop lobby, the ornaments are finished for my handmade ornament exchange and the packages going to people far away are wrapped, packed in boxes and ready to go.   I just need to fill out the insides of my Christmas cards and get them in the mail,  since the envelopes are already addressed.   I wonder what it is that husbands do during the holidays.  Hmmmm… he’s not baking… no, not wrapping… nope, not putting up any trees or hanging any lights…. shopping?… definitely not…  Oh, I forgot…. he went to the liquor store.  That’s it!  Now if I only drank liquor.   No matter what, my hubby is my hero, my calming influence and my best friend, so he does do a lot.  Can you imagine being my calming influence?  That’s a pretty big job.   ;)

MAC ANDERSON is the founder of Simple Truths and Successories, Inc., the leader in designing and marketing products for motivation and recognition. These companies, however, are not the first success stories for Mac. He was also the founder and CEO of McCord Travel, the largest travel company in the Midwest, and part owner/VP of sales and marketing for Orval Kent Food Company, the country’s largest manufacturer of prepared salads.

His accomplishments in these unrelated industries provide some insight into his passion and leadership skills. He also brings the same passion to his speaking where he speaks to many corporate audiences on a variety of topics, including leadership, motivation and team building.

Mac has authored or co-authored twelve books, which have sold more than 3 million copies published by

Simple Truths. They include:
212°…The Extra Degree
Charging the Human Battery
Customer Love
The Nature of Success
Change is Good…You Go First
The Power of Attitude
What’s the Big Idea?
The Essence of Leadership
You Can’t Send a Duck to Eagle School
The Best of Success
Learning to Dance in the Rain
Motivational Quotes

For more information about Simple Truths, visit www.simpletruths.com.
I own about 20 Simple Truths books.  Many of the quotes I share with you each day come from those wonderful books!
– Beth  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment