Thursday, December 29, 2011

Small Peek at Bethville

The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.”
– Paul Tillich

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2011

Small Peek at Bethville – Watercolor

Here is another small peek at one of the proofs for my new Bethville Series.  With the holidays and all the activity, I have not been able to work on the larger acrylic paintings.  I am looking forward to some quieter time to work on them.   The holidays are wearing me out.   I’m sure it’s just the stress I put on myself.   One more party and they are officially over.   Yay!   :)

About Paul Tillich

Paul Tillich, the German-American theologian and existential philosopher, was best known for his books The Courage to Be and Dynamics of Faith. He was born in 1886 in the German town of Starzeddel, now part of Poland. An ordained Lutheran minister, he taught theology for two decades until he was fired for his opposition to the Nazis. He immigrated to the US, where he taught at various universities. He sought to reconcile the human condition and faith, reason and belief. He died in 1965.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment