Friday, December 23, 2011

Victor Emporium

“Walking meditation is meditation while walking…  When we practice this way, we feel deeply at ease, and our steps are those of the most secure person on earth.  All our sorrows and anxieties drop away, and peace and joy fill our hearts.  Anyone can do it.  It takes only a little time, a little mindfulness, and the wish to be happy.”
– Thich Nhat Hahn

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2011

Victor Emporium – 5″ x 7″ Watercolor

I read about Victor on the Internet before I went to Idaho.  I just had to stop there on my way from Driggs, ID to Jackson Hole, WY for my flight back home.  It was a beautiful day and I sat at that table and ate my huckleberry ice cream cone.   It was the perfect end to a great vacation.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, no matter how you choose to celebrate it!  :)

Thích Nhất Hạnh :  born October 11, 1926) is a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, teacher, author, poet and peace activist who now lives in France. Born Nguyễn Xuân Bảo, Thích Nhất Hạnh joined a Zen (Vietnamese: Thiền) monastery at the age of 16, and studied Buddhism as a novitiate. Upon his ordination as a monk in 1949, he assumed the Dharma name Thích Nhất Hạnh. Thích is an honorary family name used by all Vietnamese monks and nuns, meaning that they are part of the Shakya (Shakyamuni Buddha) clan.  He is often considered the most influential living figure in the lineage of Lâm Tế (Vietnamese Rinzai) Thiền, and perhaps also in Zen Buddhism as a whole.  Source:  Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment