Thursday, December 22, 2011

Have You Seen The Yellow Bears at Yellowstone?

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. Beautiful people do not just happen.”
– Elisabeth Kuber-Ross

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2011

Yellow Bears – 4″ x 6″ Watercolor & Sharpie

I painted this from a photo I took in August, when I went to Yellowstone Bear World near Rexburg, Idaho.  I had a great time there.  I took this when I was in the drive thru park.  I also spent time in the petting zoo and I fed the baby bears.  It was a great adventure that I found was NOT just for kids.  :D

I just realized that I painted the Yellowstone bears yellow.  It is pure coincidence, not cleverness on my part.  he he

Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, M.D. (July 8, 1926 – August 24, 2004) was a Swiss American psychiatrist, a pioneer in Near-death studies and the author of the groundbreaking book On Death and Dying (1969), where she first discussed what is now known as the Kübler-Ross model.
She is a 2007 inductee into the American National Women’s Hall of Fame.   She was the recipient of twenty honorary degrees and by July 1982 had taught, in her estimation, 125,000 students in death and dying courses in colleges, seminaries, medical schools, hospitals, and social-work institutions.  In 1970, she delivered the The Ingersoll Lectures on Human Immortality at Harvard University, on the theme, On Death and Dying.
See the foundation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment