Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Show Bookmark

“We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.”
– Marian Wright Edelman

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

Show Bookmark – Watercolor

This is a little bookmark I made to use as a demo piece at the show in Kansas City.  It was all inked, but only partially painted, so people could see how I do my paintings.  So many people asked on Friday, that I did this for Saturday.  It was an amazing show!!  I sold 5 paintings and got deposits on 4 commissions!!  Oh, I sold my zentangle bowl and some boxed postcards, too.  I’ll tell you more about it later.  Right now, I need to return a bunch of calls and emails.  :)


About Marian Wright Edelman

American activist Marian Wright Edelman, who founded the Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) as a voice for poor, minority, and handicapped children, was the first African-American woman to practice law in Mississippi. She was born in 1939 in South Carolina. Her father, a Baptist preacher, died when she was 14; his last words to her were, “Don’t let anything get in the way of your education.” She graduated from Yale Law School in 1963. Her many awards include the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment