Friday, April 12, 2013

The Tattooed (with paint) Puppy

“If you must begin then go all the way, because if you begin and quit, the unfinished business you have left behind begins to haunt you all the time.”
– Chögyam Trungpa

Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013
Copyright Beth Parker Art 2013

The Tattooed Puppy… not in real life!!

Of course you know I did the tattooing with my paint brush… on the paper.  Just checkin’.    No puppy (or cow) was subjected to a real tattoo making contraption.  Can you imagine a critter sitting still for all that?  Not any I have ever known.  I don’t even have tattoos.   You couldn’t make me do that!

This is an older painting because I haven’t had time to get much done of the cows.  Maybe over the weekend.  I’m working at the sign shop Saturday, but I’ll be off on Sunday.

About Chögyam Trungpa

 

Tibetan Buddhist leader Chögyam Trungpa was instrumental in bringing Buddhism to the West. He was born on February 28, 1939 in Tibet and was recognized as the reincarnation of a Rinpoche (enlightened teacher) at 13 months old. After moving to England, he abandoned his monk garb: He wanted his Western students to perceive the Buddhist teachings without becoming distracted by exotic trappings. He founded Naropa University in Colorado and wrote several books. He died on April 4, 1987.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment