Thursday, April 8, 2010

Angora Rabbit

“I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, after all, to matter: to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.”
– Leo Rosten

 

Angora Rabbit
4″ x 6″ Watercolor Postcard

I painted this little bunny last night, while I was waiting for my husband to get home from an adventure he was on.  He brought me the most unusual gift when he came in.  Uhgggg, have you ever seen a baggie full of fresh picked morel mushrooms?  The are really gross.  They looked like sponges fresh picked from the dark, colorless bottom of the sea.  They didn’t look pretty, like Ryan’s painting on his blog.  

But, when Duane looked at me with that “pretty please” look, I quickly looked up Ryan’s instructions on how to cook them.   Ryan, you saved my butt!  Although I didn’t have time to soak them overnight in salt water, I followed the rest of your instructions to a tee.  They were delicious!!

Our friend Brad, who picked these morels, thought I might want to join him to pick more today.  No thanks, Brad.  I’ll leave the ticks to you, but they were wonderful!  Thank you!  :)

About Leo Rosten

Leo Rosten, the Polish-American academic and author, is best known for his seminal The Joys of Yiddish, an amusing look at Yiddish words that have entered the American vernacular. Born in Lodz, Poland, in 1908, he immigrated to Chicago as a child. He wrote dozens of books, including a set of extremely popular humorous stories about Hyman Kaplan, a night-school student struggling with English. Under the pseudonym Leonard Q. Ross, he wrote mysteries and film noir screenplays. He died in 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment