Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Broken Hearted

“Just as appetite comes by eating, so work brings inspiration, if inspiration is not discernible at the beginning.”
– Igor Stravinsky

 

Broken Hearted
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

I don’t know why I see a broken heart, but I kinda do.   On the lighter side, I had my 3rd flying lesson last night!  :)   It was so fun!  We flew patterns and touch and gos.  WOW!  I am really loving this flying gig!  The hour lesson just doesn’t last long enough for me.  It goes so fast!  I am gaining a little more confidence and some of the things are coming a little more natural.  All I can say is WOO-HOO!!! (Talk about something that makes your butt wiggle!) :D

About Igor Stravinsky

Igor Stravinsky, the modernist Russian composer, had a profound influence on classical music with his musical innovations in such pieces as the ballet The Rite of Spring, which shocked contemporary society with the newness of its sound. He was born in 1882 near St. Petersburg. After briefly considering law, he apprenticed to composer Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov. He was also a virtuosic pianist. He continued composing and touring into his 80’s. He died in 1971.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment