Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pretty Pink Sheep

“Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn’t permanent.”
– Jean Kerr

 

Pretty Pink Sheep
3.5″ x 5″ Watercolor

Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don’t.  :)


Lately, I’ve been having a hard time concentrating on the Sign business.  There are times when all I want to do is art.  Today, I am going to rein myself in and make signs all day.  I envy artists who are able to make their living at art, but I feel really lucky to have my sign shop, too.  I have been doing this for 18 years and have been able to make my living being creative.  I guess it’s only natural to have periods of boredom, doing the same thing day after day, year after year.  You full time artists must experience something similar.  It’s hard to be “on” all the time.  So, today, I am going to go ahead and jump in with both feet and have some fun being in the sign business.  I may even be seen wiggling my butt!  :)

About Jean Kerr

Comedic American author Jean Kerr is known for her wry take on married life in the suburbs in such books as How I Got to Be Perfect and Please Don’t Eat the Daisies, which was turned into both a movie and a TV series. She was born in Pennsylvania in 1922. She often collaborated on plays with her husband, drama critic Walter Kerr. She also wrote a number of plays by herself, including the extremely successful Mary, Mary, which ran for nearly 1,600 performances. She died in 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment