Friday, April 23, 2010

Longing and the Gorilla Head Bar

“Tears are like rain.  They loosen up our soil so we can grow in different directions.”
–Virginia Casey

 
Longing
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

This little window is just a product of my imagination.  Would somebody please let the dog in.  :)

On the lighter side, I thought I’d share a little something from the sign side of my life (excuse me while I change hats).  This is a logo I designed for a little beer bar that’s opening soon in our area.



I really love the design part of my business.  Sometimes I get to work on really fun projects, in between the normal and regular stuff.  It perks me back up, when I’m tired of the same old thing.



I also designed this one, but they wanted the more serious gorilla.  They brought me that gorilla head, so I figured they’d go that way, but I tried to make it more touristy, since we are on a lake.  Win some, lose some.  :)


Today is my 18th Anniversary with Signs by Beth, LLC. I have enjoyed nearly every day of it.  I am very proud of my longevity and am looking forward to starting my 19th year, tomorrow.

I can’t find anything on Virginia Casey on the net.  The quote came from the book – Each Day a New Beginning, Daily Meditations for Women, by Karen Casey

Karen Casey

Millions of people around the world spend a few moments in quiet reflection with Karen Casey every day. Karen is the best-selling author of Each Day a New Beginning, the first daily meditation book written expressly for women in recovery from addiction. Published in 1981, Each Day a New Beginning has sold more than three million copies and has been translated into ten different languages. Over the years, readers around the world have come to regard Karen as a trusted companion on the recovery journey. Among her other best-selling inspirational books are Keepers of the Wisdom, A Woman’s Spirit, Fearless Relationships, and A Life of My Own. In her newest book, Serenity (Hazelden, 2007), Karen shares favorite passages that gently convey simple lessons for living with greater peace, hope, and trust. Karen enjoys golfing and riding her Harley with her husband. She lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Naples, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment