Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pony in Winter Coat

“My father used to say to me, ‘Whenever you get into a jam, whenever you get into a crisis or an emergency…become the calmest person in the room and you’ll be able to figure your way out of it.’”
– Rudolph Giuliani

That is such good advice!  My CFI tells me the same thing about piloting a plane.  Be calm and you’ll have a much clearer head to handle whatever comes your way.

 
Pony in Winter Coat
2.5″ x 3.5″ Watercolor ATC

This was fun to do, using some of my favorite watercolors.  There’s something satisfying about painting with Quinacridone Sienna.  It goes with anything and it’s so  yummy.  I paint with it really thin and transparent to thickly rich.  I blend it with reds and yellows and greens.  I just love it!  In the background, my staple color Purpurite Genuine, some lavender and some Blue Stone.   Of course, there are some accents with Apricot Gouache, which is kinda flesh colored.
I am going up for my third flying lesson tonight, then it looks like stormy weather moving in, to ground me for the rest of the week.    ;)


Yesterday, I received the following blogging awards from Jingle.    I am thankful and honored and will pass them on.


About Rudolph Giuliani

Rudolph Giuliani, the controversial former mayor of New York City, took the national spotlight after the events of September 11th, when he stood strong, pulling the city together, which garnered him the Person of the Year accolade from Time magazine. He was born in Brooklyn in 1944. As mayor, he presided over a massive urban redevelopment and implemented the “broken windows” policy, which cracks down on small crimes to deter larger ones. After his term as mayor ended, Giuliani founded an investment and consulting company. He remains heavily involved in American politics and ran for president in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment