Monday, April 12, 2010

Grumpy Cat

“With a short dash down the runway, the machine lifted into the air and was flying.  It was only a flight of twelve seconds, and it was uncertain, wavy, creepy sort of flight at best; but it was a real flight at last and not a glide.”
–Orville Wright, first flight of a heavier-than-air aircraft

 
Grumpy Kitty
5.5″ x 7.5″ Watercolor

This is my friend, Mary’s cat.  When Mary saw this, she said, “Beth you made Caroline look like she was saying “Are you still after me with that thing.” ” (the camera) :)
I sketched the cat with pencil, then painted all the leaves in, using just the brush.  It looked intimidating, but it was way fun!  I painted Caroline after all the leaves were done.    I really enjoyed doing this, painting the leaves willy-nilly.  I just made sure to paint them smaller as they got farther away.  I also tried to give the forward leaves a little more detail.
.
“Faith is the main ingredient that combats fear.  As long as faith is bigger than your fears, you will always triumph.”
Marcy Blochowiak, from No Glass Ceiling, Just Blue Sky – A Woman’s Guide to Building Great Teams

If the winds stay down, I am taking my first flying lesson after work today!  I’m a little nervous, but totally excited!  That’s why I posted the flying quote and the fear quote.  I am so lucky, as a 53 year old woman, to have the opportunity to learn how to fly.  Life just couldn’t be better!  (Picture me wiggling my butt)  :)

Marcy Blochowiak is CEO Marketing Director with World Financial Group, a member of the Aegon Group. WFG is a financial services marketing company headquartered in Duluth, GA with offices worldwide. She is also a co-founder of the company’s “Women’s Initiative,” a bold strategy for maximizing the unprecedented opportunity women now have.
Marcy leads her organization by example and her philosophy is simple. People want to duplicate success. Give them a master copy worth duplicating. Be the best you can be. Lead from the front.
For more information, please visit www.MarcyBlochowiak.com or e-mail her
directly at
MarcyWFG@yahoo.com
. You can also find out more about women in business at www.TheCompanyofWomen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment