Friday, April 30, 2010

Dancing Buildings 2

“Keep alert to the magic motivational word that forms an inspiring idea for you.  It can reactivate and change you from indifferent to dynamic living.”
Norman Vincent Peale

 

Dancing Buildings 2
6″ x 18″ x 1.5″ Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

Talk about fun!  I had a ball creating this painting.  I have just the perfect place to hang it, too.  I think this will be the first one I hang in my studio.  I don’t know why I have bare walls in there.  I think maybe because I usually paint so small.  I’m not sure.  I like this one, though.  :)


Here is a link to the watercolor version.

Here is the progress shots and some angles, showing the sides.  The first two are the chalk sketch and the base coat.  The others just show the sides.  Click on photos for a larger view.




Norman Vincent Peale

Born in Bowersville, Ohio, USA, on May 31 1898, Norman Vincent Peale grew up helping support his family by delivering newspapers, working in a grocery store, and selling pots and pans door to door, but later was to become one of the most influential clergymen in the United States during the 20th-century.
He was educated at Ohio Wesleyan University and Boston University. He was a reporter on the Findlay, Ohio, Morning Republic prior to entering the ministry and went on to author some 40 books. Ordained in the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1922, Peale served as pastor at a succession of churches that included Berkeley, Rhode Island (1922–24), Brooklyn, New York (1924–27), and Syracuse, New York (1927–32) before changing his affiliation to the Dutch Reformed Church so that he could become pastor of the Marble Collegiate Church in New York City (1932–84). There he gained fame for his sermons on a positive approach to modern living, which were regularly broadcast, first on radio and later on television. The church had 600 members when he arrived to pastor in 1932; it had over 5,000 by the time he retired in 1984. In 1969 and 1970 he was president of the Reformed Church in America.  More…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment