Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Ducks

Unless our desire for human compassion is stronger than our desire to be right, to be secure or to belong, love will elude us.
–Marsha Sinetar

Knowing we are loved is what most of us crave. For brief moments we feel it; then it eludes us once again. Why does it slip through our fingers so quickly? One way of attracting the love we desire is to be willing to love others. What we give to others comes back to us. Unfortunately, we may give judgment, impatience, or anger far more often than we give love.

We can learn to give compassion. First we need to make the decision to be compassionate. Then we need to act as if we’re comfortable doing this. When we have practiced it a while, we’ll discover that giving love and receiving the love we crave is within our grasp.

I will feel loved when I give love away. I don’t need to be right today. I need to be loved.

Karen Casey
A Woman’s Spirit


 

Easter Ducks
4″ x 6″ Watercolor on Canson 140 lb Watercolor Postcard

I wanted to do something Eastery today, for those of you celebrating the holiday.  I painted this from a reference photo by bgmet over at morguefile.com.   I was inspired by Carol King to leave a little white around the ducks.  She did a wonderful painting of Tulips and Cranberries on her blog and talked about leaving some white.  I may not have accomplished the beauty that Carol did, but I appreciated the reminder.  Go check it out here.

For another wonderful example of  leaving a little white is Leslie White’s poppies.  When I clicked on this painting to see it closer, I loved the white Leslie left.  If I keep hanging out with all of these great artists, stuff is bound to rub off on me.  Thanks, my friends!  :) 


I couldn’t find an actual biography for Ms. Sinetar, but discovered that she is an author of some amazing books.  You can find out more at her website.  About Marsha Sinetar.
 

About Karen Casey

Millions of people around the world spend a few moments in quiet reflection with Karen Casey every day. Karen is the best-selling author of Each Day a New Beginning, the first daily meditation book written expressly for women in recovery from addiction. Published in 1981, Each Day a New Beginning has sold more than three million copies and has been translated into ten different languages. Over the years, readers around the world have come to regard Karen as a trusted companion on the recovery journey. Among her other best-selling inspirational books are Keepers of the Wisdom, A Woman’s Spirit, Fearless Relationships, and A Life of My Own. In her newest book, Serenity (Hazelden, 2007), Karen shares favorite passages that gently convey simple lessons for living with greater peace, hope, and trust. Karen enjoys golfing and riding her Harley with her husband. She lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and Naples, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment